The first release of the new year is upon us and brings with it improvements to the user experience in Shopware admin in particular. This also means simplified processes, less effort and more time for the really important tasks. Read for yourself to find out how your daily tasks are made easier with the Shopware release 126.96.36.199!
Improved search in Shopware administration
Whether products, customer data, orders or media – the search function is at the heart of Shopware administration. It helps you to minimise your workload by enabling you to quickly find what you are looking for.
We have further improved the search function in administration in order to make your working day easier. It is now even easier to navigate through administration and adapt your search to your requirements.
The improvements primarily concern the following aspects:
- The new search is more precise and enables even more entities and modules to be found.
- You can make granular adjustments to what you want the search to encompass – and this applies individually for every administration user.
- You can now also find modules using the search function and jump directly to the module instead of having to click through the individual menus in the side bar. In addition, for some modules you can also call up the corresponding "add new" feature directly via the search. For example, you can now create a new Shopping Experience or a new customer directly.
- Data, modules and other entities which you use particularly often or have recently searched for are now also shown in the search – thus saving you time which you would have spent typing them out.
In the renewed search, you can see directly what you've frequently used or recently searched for.
Creating products is now even easier
An important job for shop operators is dealing with the product portfolio. From entering products in the system to going live: if new products are added, it is initially pleasing, but unfortunately it always goes hand in hand with extra work too. We have made the process of adding new products easier so that your products can now appear in your storefront even more quickly. From now on, there are fewer fields for you to complete. At the same time we have added some standard fields for faster selection.
Standard tax rate
You will notice specific improvements when it comes to tax rates, for example. You can now set a default tax rate which is automatically pre-set for every new product, thus saving you a great deal of time.
It is now even easier to create a manufacturer too. You can also do this when creating a product. This saves you an extra step in the process and means you do not have to jump backwards and forwards between different menu items.
You are bound to notice other UX improvements to products in administration when you go about your daily tasks. We have integrated links in many places which will take the straight to where you need to be as a user. For example: would you like to create variants, but have not yet created any properties? Then at this stage you will be shown a link to the properties module.
Edit multiple data sets with just a few clicks – bulk changes are now also possible for customers and product prices
Back in October last year, we introduced the Bulk Edit, which is also known as “bulk change” or “multi edit”. As a result of this, shop operators using Shopware version 188.8.131.52 and above could use the new feature to change numerous data sets with just a few clicks. This feature could initially only be used for product data and orders.
We have now extended the multiple change feature so than you can also make bulk changes to customer data and product prices with minimal effort. Above all, this means a huge time saving for shop operators who deal with numerous data sets on a daily basis – they no longer have to edit them individually now in order to make changes.
Select a large number of data and make the same changes for all of them.
Faster checkout: correct shipping and payment methods are chosen automatically
This feature improves the user experience for customers in your online shop. You are bound to be familiar with the fact that sometimes certain payment or shipping methods are not available for individual products at checkout. For example, if a bulky item is added to the shopping cart which cannot be sent using standard delivery.
Until now, in cases like this, customers would receive an error message and then have to choose the alternative shipping method themselves.
Since the checkout process needs to run as smoothly as possible to achieve a high conversion rate, we have changed this factor. The shop system now automatically chooses the correct shipping method in the background. The same applies to scenarios concerning payment methods at checkout. With around 150 community votes, this is a new feature which is very much in demand.
Improvements to data import and export
In Shopware, you can export your content in order to transfer it to interfaces or analysis tools, for example. Conversely, you can also import content in order to use data from other connections in your shop system. All of this is made possible by the Import and Export module. Since many Shopware users avail themselves of this module, it is our aim to make it even more attractive and user-friendly.
In the imports and exports area, you can now benefit from the following upgrades:
- See a preview before you start an import. To be on the safe side, the preview shows you exactly which contents are imported, how they are imported and what happens in the process (see illustration below).
- Stop imports manually if they are running too slowly for you.
- You can now also import discounts, thus minimising your manual input.
- Define entities and profiles for import and export more easily.
- Now also import profiles using a CSV file.
The import summary is a dry run that shows exactly what is being imported and whether products are being overwritten or errors occur.
More good news: further iterations – and therefore improvements – have been planned for data import and export. You can find out more about this in upcoming releases.
Dynamic product groups now much easier to manage
Dynamic product groups are used in numerous cases. You can use them for the automated and dynamic filling of sales channels, categories and product sliders, so that the right products are always shown.
From now on, you can manage dynamic product groups much easier if they are largely the same settings that you make for new product groups. Simply duplicate existing dynamic product groups to save time. This way you can take over the settings of the duplicated product group directly and quickly adjust them individually.
This is how you rule – the updated Shopware Rule Builder
The Shopware Rule Builder is a powerful tool that enables you to define rules based on conditions you set. For example, you can use these conditions for promotional campaigns or automated workflows.
We have now extended Rule Builder even further. For one thing, several conditions have been added that you can use as a basis for rules.
Here are three examples of new options with Rule Builder:
- Set the shopping cart value as a condition and combine this with a promotion without affecting the shipping costs.
- Define rules which only relate to guest users, for example, to only offer them certain payment methods.
- Set rules which are based on the user’s language. For example: anyone who has set English as the user language will be shown appropriate content on St. Patrick’s Day.
As well as new possible conditions, we have also further optimised the user experience. For example, from now on you can see which path and level a category is in, if you want to select it as the basis for a new condition.
By the way, you can also read more about Rule Builder and the possibilities it gives you on our new Rule Builder key feature site.
Watch the summary in the release video
In this video, we will give you insights into the changes to the bulk edit, the Rule Builder and the import/export module.
You can find all the news here which relates to commercial Shopware editions only.
Enterprise Edition: a design upgrade for the B2B Suite
The B2B Suite includes important functions for the business-to-business sector in ecommerce. Users of the B2B Suite can now benefit from small design changes and better usability, as the modern Shopware design has now also been carried over to the B2B Suite. We will also be making further facelift improvements in the coming weeks. Regardless of this, further improvements in the Enterprise segment are already being planned.
App scripts improvements
Here are some great news for app developers: we implemented some interesting improvements.
See what is possible now!
- Add, edit or delete product items in the cart including prices.
- Group and / or collect products in cart for e.g. a discount collection. With this feature, product bundles should be possible.
- Apps can now compute code to define which additional data of an entity (for example products) should be made available in a specific view.
Webhooks for document creation in apps available
Document written events are now hookable. This is especially useful for synchronizing created documents into 3rd party systems, like for example, accounting applications.
Update to Symfony v5.4
We updated Symfony (the PHP framework Shopware 6 is based on) to its presently maintained LTS version v5.4. This version was published in November 2021; however, the formerly used v5.3 found its EoL by the end of January 2022.
- Missed out on any release updates? Find out more about recent releases!
- As always, you can see the concrete changes also in the upgrade.md or in our technical changelog.
- No matter which issue you’re dealing with, it’s often worth checking out our documentation first.
Go download the latest Shopware version here
Many thanks to all GitHub contributors for your pull requests we could merge in this version!
|Dr. Ulrich Thomas Gabor
|Catalin Ionut Titov