In May this year we published the biggest Shopware 6 release ever! Now we're returning to our regular cycle of issuing a new minor release on the first Monday every month.
The current June release (220.127.116.11) comes under the influence of our prior major release. For that reason we've paid attention to stability and bug fixing, taking into account our community feedback.
Improved display: Examples instead of variables in the email preview
Whether order confirmation or registration info: There are countless emails getting sent from your store. You can manage these in the admin under __Settings > Shop > E-Mail Templates whilst simultaneously __seeing a preview.
Email templates usually include details such as the customer name or the details of the purchased product. Previously these details have only been displayed as variables. But with this new release you will now see a precise example. That way you get a clear picture in preview of how this email will look like for your customers.
Correct price display: Currency symbols can now be configured according to your language settings
Until now, the price display in the front end has been based on the chosen currency. With Shopware 6.4.1 we've changed this: You can now set the currency symbol according to your language setting. This way you can avoid incorrect price displays such as uncommon or incorrect spelling.
The following example shows the connection between your chosen language and the price display (before and after the current release):
Currency: US dollar
Price display before: $20 vs. after: 20$
Price display before: 20€ vs. after: €20
As always, you'll find all important information for developers in our upgrade.md or in the technical changelog. Here you can also read about a few minor updates as well as news regarding the integration of payment providers.
- All configured links for the footer will now also be displayed correctly on the 404 page.
- The OAuth2 Login works faultlessly again via header authentification.
- With the new 6.4.1 release, emails are now synchronised again and will be sent in the appropriate time.
Integration of payment providers via the app
Good news: Payment providers can now also be integrated via the app system. Previously this has only been possible through the plugin system. Find out what this means for app developers in the developer documentation.
- Missed out on any release updates? Find out more about recent releases!
- Are you already familiar with the Global Product Update? It’s our monthly video series which gives you insights into our current development process. Check out the explanatory blog or go directly to the video.
- No matter which issue you’re dealing with, it’s often worth checking out our documentation first.